Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On My Way To The Aquaitc Center

Do they have spell checkers on sign-making machines? No? Well, they might want to think about adding that feature. This spelling (the word is supposed to be aquatic - just in case you're having trouble figuring it out) was on several new city signs installed a while back to help visitors find their way around town. Except I don't think anyone will be looking for an Aquaitc Center. They could end up even more confused than when they started out. Maybe this could be turned into a positive thing - "Visit us - we have an Aquaitc Center - do you? Hah - didn't think so!"
How do you get it so wrong?
On each and every sign?
With nobody noticing?
Until they are all installed?
Who's in charge here, anyway?!

1 comment:

OHN said...

**insert sound of head exploding**

I simply do not understand how mistakes like this slide by EVERYONE that should be paying attention.

Maybe I am an oddball.......OK, I am, but that's not the point....when I see a sign or newspaper, or news crawler that has a grammatical error, or word misspelling, it jumps out and smacks me in the face. I thought that happened to everyone. Guess not.