Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maybe It's A Foreign Word?

(click the image if it is too small to read)

and . . . spelling lessons maybe?

I found this today when googling theaters. This particular theatre (note the 're' - that means it's high class) is located in a very affluent area, and it caters to independent films. A very nice place, actually. But look too deep and you discover that class has nothing to do with spelling ability.

I'll give them a bit of break though - I know how easy it is to write those descriptions and never see them again unless you are searching for your own website, seeing as that's the bulk of what I do for a living.




2 comments:

OHN said...

I wonder if the theatRE is in the town centRE.

Athena said...

Well, it is in the centRE of the shopping centRE, which they're trying to market as "The Hot Red Center" - which is just wrong, IMO. Oh, I guess it should be The Hot Red CentRE. Still wrong, wrong, wrong.