Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Buff Chicken Beaks

There's a columnist in the newspaper who writes about being a Mom to young children. Sometimes her column is very funny, and other times it misses the mark (in my opinion). Occasionally I will read her column and get a laugh or two.


So, when I finally got around to reading Sunday's paper last night (I have an obsession with looking at every day's paper, even if it means reading it a few days late), I started reading her column and found this:


"So I'm doing my Total Body Fitness class. But come on. It's not really the total body. I mean we're hitting the pecks, abs and all."


I didn't think too much of it. After all, misspelling an abbreviation can go either way - they can be very personal. But some abbreviations are so widespread and accepted that it's just wrong to spell it another way. So my eyes kept gravitating back to that word. Pecks. Pecks. The more I looked at it, the funnier it got!


My brain couldn't stop conjuring up visions of chicken beaks.

No comments: